The Veterans Memorial Park Honor Guard consists of members who have proudly served in the United States Armed Forces and continue to honor the nation by continued membership. The Honor Guard participates in ceremonies at the Veterans Memorial Park on designated national holidays that include the presentation of the National Colors, volley fire salute, presentation of the memorial wreath and a military recognition to honor all past and present veterans. The Honor Guard performs these ceremonies for the benefit of all veterans, Village residents and the local communities. It is through these ceremonies, that all veterans will be remembered and honored and our national holidays, and those related to our Armed Forces, will continue to receive recognition and proper respect.
Our purposes include:
- Actively participate in VMP Adopt-A-Kid, Adopt –A-Vet School program.
- Participate in VMP annual Veteran Brick Sales
- Conduct limited funeral ceremonies for The Villages Memorial Park Honor Guard members.
- Conduct membership recruiting activities on an ongoing basis.
- Attend and display VMP Honor Guard information at the various functions held at the Villages, e.g.; military memorabilia day, functions at the Villages Town Squares, etc.