Honor and Remember
The honor and remember flag was created to serve as a national symbol that specifically acknowledges the sacrifice of men and women in the United States Armed Forces who have given their lives for their country in over two centuries of American History.
- The Red Field represents the blood spilled by the brave men and women in America’s military throughout history, who gave their lives so that our Nation could remain free.
- The White Field below the gold star recognizes the purity of scarifies. There is no greater price an American can pay than to give his or her life in service to our country.
- The Blue Star represents active service in military conduct. This symbol originated with World War I, but on this flag it signifies service in all wars from the American Revolution to present day.
- The Gold Star signifies the ultimate sacrifice of a warrior in active service who will not return home. Gold reflects the value of life that was given.
- The folded flag signifies the first tribute to an individual life presented to the family for their significant loss.
- The Flame is an external reminder of the spirit that has departed this life yet burns on in the memory of all who knew and loved the fallen hero.
- We will always Honor their selfless sacrifice and Remember them individually by name.